Sunday, September 5, 2010

A couple posts ago I blogged about the song Skinny Love, and that song in particular has opened a new door to a the sub-sub-genre of Surfer Indy Rock. Although that sounds overly niche-y, who doesn't want to imagine themselves laying on a beach with some chill tunes riding on the salty breeze overhead? Everyone. I mean No one. Everyone has a beach, breeze, tunes, fantasy. Now the bands I've listened to aren't all necessarily of the Jack Johnson soothing-melody type. For example, Sufer Blood, a Florida band whose songs are about as calm as it's album cover: A huge shark leaping out of the water with tooth-ed mouth agape. Titles like Swim and Fast Jabroni evoke tropical images of tearing up waves rather than seaside coconut drinks. S.I. Rock runs the gamut of intensity from lazy to pounding, but the song Lost Coastline from Okkervil River runs the entire course within it's 5:31 second lifespan. Ahhh...I love this song. Actually, I'm going to stop blogging to listen to it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment