Sunday, July 4, 2010

Guitar!

I have pretty much eschewed guitar learning in my life. Probably because I've seen way too many guys who've learned a jack Johnson song or two and then use (read: attempt to use) their newfound skills to impress (read: attempt to impress) girls. It seems so fake to me. BUT! I was driving around on my vacation in California yesterday listening to a mix of acoustic music collaborated by my friend Olivia and I was thinking that I really wanted to learn. There IS one girl that I want to impress with a little guitar prowess. Especially since I think she'll love it even if I suck. I woke up this morning and still wanted to. That's how I know it's not a passing fancy. I think it will be a great compliment to my quest in music discovery and God knows the world needs one more amateur guitar player. More music discoveries to come after my vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment