Monday, July 26, 2010

I haven't written for a while but in my defense I was homeless. Not as a social experiment this time, I couldn't find a house in St. George, but now I live in a sweet apartment and I get back to what's important... finding new tunes.

And find I did. Bon Iver friends. I know nothing about the band/man itself as of yet, but I will.

I went through a period in college where I devoted an entire 150 song MP3 CD to "The Chillest Mix of All Times". It included the most chill relaxing songs I knew of at the time. Had I known about Bon Iver he'd have been included.

When I was driving around LA a couple weeks ago I heard a couple amazing song by a then nameless artist including my favorite SKINNY LOVE. I had to do serious investigation to discover the artist (read: Shazaam on my iPhone.) and I've been periodically downloading and loving songs from them/him ever since. I even did my Sunday drive to Bon Iver and I say it was a raging success. More info on this artist to come. But until then sample Skinny Love right here on The Tunes and enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment