Friday, June 11, 2010

THE BLACK KEYS

It's raining here in Orem. I'm alone. I'm miserable. My face hurts. My
heart hurts. This has been the longest week of my entire life. Things
are never going to be the same. Who in this entire world could
empathize? Wait? What's that Black Keys? You know my pain? You'll
console me while I sit alone on my porch at 1 in the morning?
Why...thank you.

I'm listnening to the album Brothers by the Black Keys. Their claim to
fame is Rubber Factory released in 2004 . But there's nothing wrong
with going backwards. Star Wars did it.

The tunes are sick. They are messy, distorted, painful and I love
every one on the album. These 2 white guys have as much angst pouring
through their music as any blues artist walking the streets in still
damp French Quarter. They wail of love lost and love betrayed and in
doing so maybe capture love's essence better than most. The Black
Keys...band of the moment for Cale, because life sometimes life hits
those little black keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment